Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kill the Blog!!!1!1

Check out the London blog. There should be something new there, namely THE HAND OF GOD smiting the page at your command!

It's a NetDisaster. I posted a link to it on my Facebook account a while back, back when you could puke on, worm, zap, or nuke any Web page you wanted. Unfortunately, some major Web sites mistook the most clever application of JavaScript ever as a phishing scam and asked its take-a-chainsaw-to-Paris-Hilton functionality to be taken down. (Phishers: This is why we can't have nice things.) The developer, however, has found a way to let people disasterize their own Web pages by allowing them to plug some of his script into their page's code. I, being a fun-loving and slightly nerdy person, decided to try it. I loved it!

I'm e-mailing the developer back & forth (his name is Denis) about parts of it that don't work so well. (For example, a viewer can't remove the disaster in Firefox or Safari on a Mac, which makes clicking on links a bit difficult. When you scroll down & away from the disaster, though, everything works fine.) I sent him a link to the London blog with the God Almighty disaster plugged into it so he can take a look and see what can be done. If everything works out, it should be widely available, and I can put it there, here, and on an upcoming portfolio Web site. In the meantime, have fun shooting lightning bolts at my writing!

2 comments:

  1. That is so fun! Awesome that you're in contact with the developer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, we aren't really "in contact." His site said to e-mail him if anyone found a bug. I e-mailed him, he e-mailed me back, and I sent him another e-mail today.

    ...I guess we ARE in contact, just not all friendly-like.

    ReplyDelete