Friday, July 24, 2009

The Sand Makes It Taller

[or What NOT to Do Once You're Atop Tower Hill]

I typed out this whole story, and it got to about 2,000 words. I can't stand blog posts that long. (Only one post in my London blog was that long, and that's because it was about a trip with a lot of family significance.) I'm sure you can't stand long posts, either, especially from me. So, this story will come in three parts.

Part 1: Facts & Figures

My height at age 11: 4’ 11” OR 59”

My height now: 5’ 10” OR 70”

Height of Tower Hill in Warren Dunes: 240’ OR 2,880”

Angle of elevation: about 25°

Ratio of 11-year-old height to Tower Hill: 1:49

Ratio of current height to Tower Hill: 1:41

Acceleration due to gravity: -32.2 ft/s2

Starting speed running down Tower Hill: 4 mph OR 5.87 f/s

I'll let you chew on that a bit. I'm going camping this weekend, so the next part will come on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment